// YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAININGS //
50HR YOGA ALLIANCE REGISTERED
DECEMBER 15TH - 21ST 2019
MARCH 1ST - 7TH 2020
AUGUST 30TH - SEPTEMBER 5TH 2020
OCTOBER 1ST - 7TH 2020
Join me as I team up with fellow Yin Yoga specialist Rachel Fearnley as we offer 50 hour Yin Yoga Teacher Trainings in Canggu, Bali.
During this transformative experience you’ll deepen your practice and learn the subtle tools to teach Yin Yoga.
This training is for those who wants to dive deeper into subtle practice of Yin Yoga.
Maybe you’ve experienced the benefits of Yin Yoga and you’d like to learn how to teach others, or perhaps you have an incline that you need more “yin” in your life, but you’re not sure how or would like to learn more. Or both?!
During the training you’ll be guided through reflective Yin Yoga, meditation and gentle breath work practices to help you truly experience what it feels like to embody “yin”. Whether you’re looking to teach others after the training or not, this training encourages you to experience the effects of the practices first to empower you to speak from your own personal experience. You’ll also come away with tools that will help you feel lighter, more energised having opened the gateway to your inner landscape.
Yin Yoga targets the deep connective tissue - fascia - and the meridians that run through it (based on 5 element and meridian theory from Traditional Chinese Medicine). The work can be subtle, but the effects , in my experience, are profound - not only for the body but more so for your mind and overall health.
My personal discovery of Yin Yoga began after I experience adrenal fatigue in 2014. My journey back to health guided subtler practices and opened my eyes to the importance of cultivating inner awareness. I now feel more connected, more empowered and more aware than I ever have done in my life.
Rachel & I invite you to take this journey with us. With a common goal and love of sharing these practices we have created this training to serve you from the inside out. I’ll look forward to seeing you there.
• Yin Practice – An introduction to the history and lineage of Yin yoga. The foundational principals of a simple practice for every body using the four stages of a yin pose..
• Inner Landscapes – 5 element and meridian theory as taught in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
* Meridians - An elementary overview of the 5 element meridian system and how they relate to each of the yin poses.
• Anatomy and fascial trains – Focusing on both the physical & subtle energy bodies and how Yin Yoga uniquely targets these areas.
• Breath Work – Understanding how the breath is used to shift stagnant energy in our Yin poses & to enhance our meditation practice.
• Mind – We’ll dive deeper into meditation and mindfulness practices and learn how they are integral to our Yin Yoga practice.
• Yin Teaching – The subtle art of creating & holding a safe space for Yin classes. The language of yin & teaching. Creating class structure.
• Embodying Yin – Taking the wisdom of Yin & TCM into our everyday lives, physically, energetically and mentally.
A variety of methods will be used to create a transformational journey and an educational experience:
• Lectures on philosophy, anatomy, 5 element theory, teaching, mind, breath and energetics.
• Daily masterclass practices of signature sequences.
• Pose breakdown workshops of the key Yin Yoga shapes.
• Discussion time for questions and sharing of experience.
• Opening and closing circle
MEET YOUR TEACHERS
My journey to Yin (Yin as a yoga practice and Yin as a concept) started after I experienced adrenal fatigue in 2014. My journey from studying and practicing the more subtle practices of mindfulness, meditation, facial release and meridian-based Yin Yoga lead me back to health and offered a more intimate relationship with my body and energy.
With the increase of exhaustion in modern culture I enjoy passing on the teachings I have received on Traditional Chinese Medicine Element Theory, the subtle practices of Yin Yoga and healing methods of Ayurveda to empower others to find their own journey towards balance.
I also teaches Vinyasa Flow, Hatha and Ayurvedic practices. As an ex-professional dancer I has a solid understanding of the body, how it moves and the subtle art of listening to the messages it offers us.
Rachel Fearnley is a highly sought after teacher & coach. She has been teaching yoga around the globe for 7 years & sharing the message of Yin Yoga for over 5 years & now brings her wisdom of meditation, mindfulness, 5 element theory and breath work to a 6 day, 50 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Canggu, Bali.
Rachel is trained in both classical Indian Yoga and Chinese Taoist Yoga & specialises in Yin Yoga, Breath work & Ayurveda.
Having completed several trainings in Vinyasa and Ashtanga, Rachel recognised the need within herself to move towards a more nourishing and nurturing approach to her own practice and therefor her teachings.
Rachel believes that we all possess the ability to heal ourselves from the inside out, that by cultivating deep presence we open up our channels of awareness and can create radical shifts on our own lives.
She is a deeply passionate and authentic teacher who practices what she teaches and supports her students to do the same, believing that when we are in alignment with the truth of who we are, our life begins to flourish beyond anything we ever thought possible.
Rachel is the founder of The Pineapple House, Bali - which she now co-owns with Lucy.
7am - Yang Asana Practice
8am - Breakfast
9am - Workshops & Lectures (5 Elements & Anatomy)
11am - Yin Asana Practice
12pm - Asana Clinic
1pm - Lunch
2.30pm - Practice teach
4pm - Breath work, Meditation & Satsang
6pm - Yin Asana Practice